Monday, June 2, 2008

Get a Job


Ughh!! I hate looking for a job! It sucks, it's so degrading, demeaning and belittling. The job hunt itself is not the same anymore either. You used to just grab the Sunday paper or drive around town looking for "Help Wanted" signs. Now it's all done on the computer or the internet. Hell, you don't even get to talk to anyone at the store level anymore. Nor do you get the chance to make that ever important deal making or breaking first impression because most places have these little kiosk thingys over in the corner where you go and sit for half an hour and fill out an application on their computer. Gone are the days where you walk into a place and ask for the manager, shake hands with a human being, look them in the eye and say "Gimme a job man!" well, you get the idea. So, I'm off to create my on-line resume, trying not to lie through my teeth while stretching the truth just enough to be believable and hopefully grab someones attention while not tooting my own horn so much that I'll be the inside joke of some corporate human resource office for days to come. Wish me luck.

No comments: