Thursday, December 27, 2007

What's A Basset

I'm handing over the posting duties to my Hound Dawg for awhile, so without further ado.......

Hi der everbody!! This poem came from my friend at Dogster, Huckleberry! He's a handsome hound!! His mom slave posted this in his diary and gave me permission to share it with you. Hope you enjoy it.

What Is a Basset Hound?

He looks so old to be so young, so sad to be so gay,
this Basset Hound with wrinkled brow is in my heart to stay.
With four short legs and happy tail and ears that drag the ground,
and crazy habit all his own of sleeping upside down!
Giving love in abundance, it's enough for me to share,
with all the neighbors on the block plus much, much more to spare!
His dress is quite peculiar I'm sure that you'd surmise,
He wears a very elegant coat, but that is twice his size!
And thrice usual size inside his chest is a heart that's made of gold,
God must've been in jovial mood when He made the Basset mold!
He's quite the clown by nature in looks and actions too,
He cheers you up when you are down and loves you when you're blue!
And when you're ready for a romp he's always there to play,
This funny guy with wrinkled brow IS in my heart to stay!

Hope you liked it, thanks to Hucks and his mum, love and smooches from Abigail!!

No comments: