Friday, February 1, 2008

LOST


OK, so I admit it, I'm a LOST fan. Note that I didn't say fanatic, I know some of them and they're pretty scary!. I just enjoy the show and the mystery surrounding it.

I wasn't always a fan. I guess I just didn't "get it" at first. Then my BFF started to "explain" things to me and pointed me to some of the web sites that explore all the secrets in the world of LOST. So now I'm hooked big time and the 8 month wait for season 4 to start had been torture until last nights sweet release!! Finally, new LOST, more mysteries and puzzles to wrap my little mind around. All summer long I had been wondering who was in the coffin, now all I want to know is who the heck was in Jacob's cabin! I know it was Jack's dad in the chair, thanks to my BFF for pointing out the white shoes, but whose eye was that? Locke? Patchy?

We, meaning myself and the rest of the LOST fans in the World, thought we had something to look forward too, 16 new episodes!! But then the writer's strike started and as of this writting is still going on. So what now, only 8 episodes and then a 10 month wait? What the F*CK!!

Kudos to the marketing fellas. They've done an excellent job at keeping people interested in the show. The cool commercials (gotta love that Sawyer commercial, yummy!), mega cool interactive stuff on the ABC network website, the collectibles like puzzles and "action" figures plus all the little stuff like mobisodes and the like that pique our interest, but is it enough? Am I still going to care if after watching only 8 episodes and possibly having to wait 10 months for more, am I going to give a rat's ass? I don't know, I hope so and I hope that these next 7 episodes are going to be just as awesome as last nights!! Whoopee!!

No comments: